Oloruntobi Aina is a contemporary visual artist who lives and works in Ibadan, Nigeria. As a native of Abeokuta, art is part of his ancestors' history. Oloruntobi is focused on the sensual nature of art, depicting a high level of creativity with his passion for art. Majority of his art features are strongly attached to the twigs that he applies.
Oloruntobi decided long ago to develop himself in the art of uniqueness. He obtained a National Certificate in Fine and Applied Arts from Federal College Of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta, Nigeria and later obtained a B.F.A. from Obafemi Awolowo University, ACE Ondo State.
He believes art is inbuilt and he loves that he has a solid passion for it. His emotions are connected to what he paints daily based on his background.
@ courtesy of the artist
- "Everybody is looking at us" at Eclectica Contemporay, Cape Town, South Africa (2022)
- "Black Joy" - Online group exhibition with TAAG Gallery, New York, USA (2022)
- "Faces of the Homeland" group exhibition with African Art Wave at Coningsby Gallery, London, UK (2022)
- "Awakening" group exhibition at Chilli Art Projects, Noho Studios, London, UK (2021)
- "Individuality" at Peninsula Museum of Art, San Bruno, California, USA (2021)
- Several group exhibitions in Nigeria