Nyashadzashe Tanyaradzwa Marovatsanga was born in 1997 in Simbabwe. Nyasha is a promising young artist who lives and works in Harare, Zimbabwe. Under the mentorship of Misheck Masamvu, he has developed a powerful painterly language, using gestural brushstrokes and bold colouration.
He speaks of his work: “Sometimes, I go blank, then the portraits revive my everyday struggle. Sometimes I dream, then I reveal the dreams in my portraits. Sometimes I laugh, and the teeth show all the cracks. Sometimes, the sun shines too hot.”
@ courtesy of THK Gallery & the artist
- Embodied Cognition at THK Gallery, Cape Town, South Africa (2021)
- Different Angles at THK Gallery, Cape Town, South Africa (2020)
- The 45th Anniversary Exhibition at Gallery Delta, Harare, Zimbabwe (2020)
- Sanity is Expensive, Madness is for Free at Village Unhu, Harare (2019)
- Various Group exhibitions at Village Unhu, Harare, Zimbabwe (2017 to date)
- FIRST THURSDAY event, Cape Town 2022, South Africa (with THK Gallery)
- artHARARE Contemporary Art Fair 2021, Harare, Zimbabwe
- 1-54 Contemporary African Art Fair London 2020 (with THK Gallery)
- RMB Turbine Art Fair online 2020, South Africa (with THK Gallery)
- Latitudes Art Fair online 2020 (with THK Gallery)
- Smiling through Adversity, Group Exhibition at National Gallery of Zimbabwe, Harare (2019)
Nyasha Marovatsanga is representend by THK Gallery.